Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Vultures New Album from Kanye West

Courtesy+of+Wikipedia+
Courtesy of Wikipedia

Vultures, the newest album from rapper Kanye West just released. It has consistently been the top album on the Apple music charts. However many have criticized the album for not being top tier.  It mainly has songs by Kanye West and Ty Dolla $ign, although it does feature a few different artists on a couple of its songs. It was released on Feb 10th with 2 other sequel albums set to release on March 8th and April 5th. Many people around the world have been listening to this album.

Kanye is an American rapper and record producer while his co-artist Ty Dolla $ign is an American singer and songwriter. Kanye has about 138 songs with around 69 other artists’ songs featuring Kanye. Dolla $ign has a few albums written and around 27 features with other artists. Vultures is primarily about money but we might find out a deeper motive between West’s lines in the upcoming sequel albums. Playboi Carti and Rich The Kid are featured on the song “Carnival”. Although the album has 16 songs totaling 55 minutes and 40 seconds, “Good (Don’t Die)” was taken down from major streaming platforms due to copyright issues in the song sampling. Numerous people worldwide have been debating whether the album was good or not.

Vineeth Sharma, an 8th grader at Rio Norte said, “I didn’t like Kanye’s new album, it felt like a bunch of random mixed music put together in an album.” When inquired about if people would agree with his opinion, he replied “People would agree with me, the album hasn’t had the hype at Rio like a few other albums have.” Another 8th grader, Saksham Srinivasta told me, “ I disliked the album, some of the songs have a different feel compared to the lyrics being sung/rapped.” He also stated, “People would agree with my opinion because Kanye didn’t release anything mind blowing in music so not many people are enjoying the music.”

These 8th graders at Rio seem to have very disapproving opinions about Kanye’s new album. Music rating website, Pitchfork rates the album a 5.8, a very low score for an album. The opinions about the album seem to be aligned, a mediocre album at most. Rio and Pitchfork seem to agree on one thing, the album is not worth your time to listen to .

$75
$500

$75
$500