Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Why are so many people getting braces?

Courtesy of the Dental Guide

Braces are brackets attached to your teeth through a strong wire connecting them straightening your teeth. The process can be very long and uncomfortable by cutting your lip and parts of the inside of your mouth. After getting them on patients can have them from anywhere from 18 months to 3 or 4 years with many times when they need to be tightened. This long process can also be very expensive at around 3,000-10,000 dollars. Some families may be unable to afford it.

Unfortunately, about every 6 weeks for the first few months of your treatment they will need to be adjusted to become tighter and make your teeth straight. This can sometimes be painful and hard to have to adjust to. Many people need them due to their teeth being crooked.

To put them on dentists have to open your mouth with this object which can hurt and be uncomfortable. Then they will begin attaching the brackets with a special glue. After that, they begin attaching the wire which most people feel the difference of pulling on your teeth. It can be very difficult to do anything with your mouth for the first few days. Gabe Montanio, an 8th grader at Arroyo Seco, mentioned that my braces were uncomfortable at first and over time became better, but my teeth have already become much straighter.

$75
$500

$75
$500