Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Fortnite Releases their New Season Chapter 5 Season 2

Courtesy+of+Epic+Games+
Courtesy of Epic Games

On March 8th, Epic Games, the company that owns Fortnite, released their new season of Fortnite called Myths & Mortals. The season is themed around the Greek gods and myths such as Zeus, Hades, and Medusa with new landing spots including Mount Olympus and The Underworld. However, the season was delayed by 18 hours for an unknown reason causing an outrage among the Fortnite community. The outrage died down shortly after the season was released due to the amount of positive feedback on it.

This new season added more weapons to the lootpool such as a new DMR, SMG, a 3-round shotgun called the Gatekeeper Shotgun, and a new mythic weapon called Zeus’ Thunderbolt. The medallions and bosses have been completely reworked from last season. The new medallions no longer heal you over time but instead give you new abilities like Chapter 2 Season 4. These abilities can only be earned after defeating the Greek god bosses and obtaining their medallions, each having different abilities. If you defeat Cerberus or Zeus you get an upgrade to your movement and mobility however, if you defeat Ares or Hades you get an upgrade to your weapons and health. That’s not all, you also get the mythic weapon the boss uses to try and eliminate you such as a shotgun and assault rifle.

The new battlepass has a lot of skins that fit the seasons theme. Each page of the battlepass has a Greek god skin that can be unlocked if you purchase the premium version for 950 vbux or $7.59. The new battlepass skins are Cerberus, Aphrodite, Poseidon, Medusa, Zeus, Artemis, and Hades who is the tier 100 skin. Each battlepass has a secret skin that can be earned after completing quests with this season having the skin be Korra from the famous TV series Avatar The Last Airbender.

8th grader Finn Emrich says that “This season has been a lot more fun to play than previous seasons due to the different mechanics and weapons that can affect the outcome of the match.” Overall, this season has been well worth the wait due to the amount of content and positivity it’s been getting.

$75
$500

$75
$500