Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

Fantasy Baseball 2024

Courtesy+of+ESPN+
Courtesy of ESPN

With the Mlb season about to start, fantasy baseball is starting. Fans are left wondering who to draft. Fantasy baseball is a game that allows fans to draft and manage a team. This brings people together to make trades and root for the players on their team. With the new MLB base stealing rules, that limit pickoffs, points for steals are at an all time high.

The first round is the most important round of the draft. The first overall pick is all but certain to be Ronald Acuna Jr since he had the first 40 home runs and 70 stolen bases season. The second and third pick is a toss up between Bobby Witt Jr and Julio rodriguez. The fourth pick is projected to go to Dodger phenom Mookie Betts. The rest of the first round is all up to preference but majority of the players going in the first round is Corbin Carrol, Juan Soto, Kyle Tucker, Freddie Freeman, Aaron Judge, and Spencer Strider. 

There are many picks that you can get in late rounds that can help build your team. Since the reliever spot is weak you would want a player who is a starter and reliever. The best guy for this spot is Cole Ragans. He had an amazing end to his rookie season and is projected to go in the tenth round. A budget hitter is Matt Mclain. His value is very high this year and is projected to go in the late 7th round. In the second round you can get Ozzie Albies who is projected to have 30 home runs and 20 stolen bases.

Fantasy players have their own opinions on these players. A Rio Norte 7th grader, Jackson Lord, shared his thoughts by stating “I want to get Shohei Ohtani in the second round because he is a once in a lifetime hitter.”  Josue Moreno, another student at Rio Norte, said “I want Zack Gelof since he had a great rookie year last year and I could get him in a late round.” 

Fantasy baseball is going to be exciting with new stars and great late round picks. This season will bring us new stars for the following seasons. Fantasy baseball is in full throttle and nothing will make it stop. Overall fantasy baseball is really fun, exciting and interactive for MLB fans 

$75
$500

$75
$500