Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

What to Expect with MLB The Show 24

MLB The Show 24, the long-awaited game, is almost here. Developed by San Diego Studios, the game is set to release on March 19, 2024. The cover athlete was revealed on January 31st, and it’s none other than Vladimir Guerrero Jr. , a first baseman for the Toronto Blue Jays. He follows in the footsteps of his father, star baseball player Vladimir Guerrero Sr, who was on the cover of MLB the show in 2006. This unexpected reveal is expected to draw in fans, especially from Canada, to purchase the game. You can play the game on Playstation, xbox, and nintendo.

There are several editions of the game available for purchase, each offering the same features but with varying bonuses. The Standard Edition costs $69.99 on new-gen consoles and $59.99 on last-gen consoles, providing only the base game without any additional bonuses. The MVP Edition, priced at $84.99, includes 12 packs, 10,000 stubs (the in-game currency), a bat skin, and double daily rewards. On the other hand , the Digital Deluxe Edition, priced at $99.99, offers the same content as the MVP Edition plus an additional 17 packs and 10,000 stubs. A new addition this year is the Negro League Edition priced at $124.99, with one dollar from each purchase being donated to the Negro League Baseball. The Negro League was the league for african americans before baseball was integrated. This edition includes the same content as the Digital Deluxe Edition, along with a physical steelbook and a New Era hat. 

Mlb the show has many game modes and since fans wanted a new one San Diego studios delivered. The new game mode is called storyline mode. This mode allows you to go into the past history of the MLB and play out iconic moments. Other game modes include diamond dynasty which allows you to build your team with iconic players and legends. There is a road to the show which allows you to create your own player and live out his journeys to the MLB. There is franchise mode which lets you be the owner of a team and make them win a World Series. Lastly, there is March to October which allows players to experience the thrill of a full MLB season condensed into a single campaign.

While there are no confirmed new retired baseball legends, professional video game players are speculating that Texas Rangers legend Adrian Beltre may be added. In an interview with Rio Norte seventh-grader Marcus Paikos, he shared his opinions, saying, “I think that Ted Williams will be added back to the game, and also Adrian Beltre. New legends add excitement and make me want to play more.”

MLB The Show 24 is anticipated to be an improvement over the previous game, with many new features and players, including the influence of Vladimir Guerrero Jr. The Negro Leagues are expected to receive significant representation through game modes and storylines. Fans of all ages are eagerly waiting for the release of this game, which promises to deliver an exceptional gaming experience with a variety of new features, players, and exciting game modes.

$75
$500

$75
$500