Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Student Spotlight: Mariana Perez

Mariana Perez
Mariana Perez

Meet Mariana Perez, a diligent 7th grader of the current 2023-2024 school year. A proud Colombian, Spanish-speaker, she recently celebrated her 13th birthday on October 5th. Her favorite color is red and finds otters adorable! Occasionally Mariana plays tennis. Her favorite food is sushi along with her favorite drink being Arizona Green Tea.

Before she came to Rio Norte, she went to Meadows and Tesoro Elementary. Mariana describes Rio Norte as “great!” -and loves the teachers here at Rio. In fact, she was also awarded ‘Student of the Month’ by Ms. Kratofil in room D-13.

With a passion to make music, Mariana plays the drums, guitar, bass, keyboard, and sings as well! Being around ‘the world of music’ her whole life has definitely inspired her and her musical journey, she states.  Although her band plays covers, Mariana sometimes writes her own songs. Some of the bands and artists she personally listens to are Guns N Roses, Mötley Crüe, and Queen.

“Practice everyday -even if it’s 5 minutes, don’t give up” is what she’d tell a newer musician and younger self. As Mariana continues to write her musical story, Rio Norte gets to experience her vibrant personality through the cords of the guitar and beat of the drums.

$75
$500

$75
$500