Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Gorilla Tag

Have you ever dreamed of swinging through the trees like Tarzan or leaping from branch to branch like a jungle creature? Well, now you can experience that thrill in the virtual world with Gorilla Tag, an exciting VR game that lets you become a gorilla in a wild jungle! Gorilla Tag is a multiplayer game that  can be played using a virtual reality headset. It’s like stepping into another world where you’re no longer yourself but a gorilla. The game is simple yet exhilarating:  find yourself running, climbing, and leaping around lush jungle environments, all while trying to tag other players or avoiding being tagged. The player moves by swinging your arms and hitting the ground or other objects in the game. It has four game modes: causal, infection, hunt and paint brawl.    

In Causal mode, the player can practice skills and talk to other people playing the game with the in game microphone system,in infection become a lava monkey and have to tag the people who are not tagged yet, in hunt you have one person who you have to tag and only one person who can tag tag you, in paintbrawl you play paintball and you have  three lifes. One of the coolest things about Gorilla Tag is the freedom of movement it offers. With the help of VR technology, you can use your own body to swing through the trees and navigate the jungle just like a real gorilla. Want to climb a tree? Go ahead! Want to leap from one platform to another? You can do that too! The game’s intuitive controls make it easy for players of all skill levels to jump right in and start having fun. Gorilla tag has four different game modes, But Gorilla Tag isn’t just about moving around it’s also about strategy. As you play, you’ll need to outsmart your opponents, anticipate their movements. Whether you’re playing a game of tag or just hanging out with other people in casual mode, Gorilla Tag offers plenty of opportunities for friendly competition.

I interviewed Alex Marks and he said this about Gorilla Tag, “another 10/10 game that requires skill and strategy to outplay everybody else.” I interviewed Zain Gonzalez and he said, “Gorilla tag is a great game to play with friends and to have fun in general but my favorite thing is that I can outrun and outplay the taggers”. This shows that the overall opinion of this VR game is that it’s a great experience and a fun time with friends 

Courtesy of Road to VR

Gorilla Tag is its community that has esports. With players from all around the world,  never have a shortage of friends to play with. Whether chatting with fellow gamers in the virtual jungle or joining a game with players from across the globe, Gorilla Tag brings people together in a fun and exciting way. So if you’re looking for an exhilarating VR experience that combines action, strategy, and free movement, look no further than Gorilla Tag. Strap on your headset, enter the jungle, and unleash your inner gorilla today!

$75
$500

$75
$500