Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

Damian Lillard to the Bucks is a Real Thing!

Months after the Portland Trail Blazers’ seven time All Star Damian Lillard requested a trade out of Portland, he was traded again to the Milwaukee Bucks to play alongside superstar Giannas Antetokoumpo. Giannis is a two time league MVP, Finals MVP, defensive player of the year, and NBA champion. Damian Lillard on the Bucks is no joke.

The deal was a three team trade which  involved the Portland Trail Blazers, Milwaukee Bucks, and Phoenix Suns. The Bucks got Lillard. The Trailblazers received the two-time All Star Jrue Holiday, Deandre Ayton, Toumani Camara, and draft pick. The Suns got Jusuf Nurkic, Grayson Allen, Nassir Little, and Keon Johnson. 

This trade ended Damians eleven career with the team where he holds the record for points, made three pointers, and is second in all time assists. He also took them to the playoffs eight times, but never finished the job in winning the championship. Although he is thirty three and has been plagued with injuries these last few seasons, he is still in his prime. He even averaged THIRTY TWO points last season. This is absolutely what the Bucks needed. Another superstar to help Giannis on the offensive side of the ball. 

Last year the Bucks struggled greatly with their half court offense, it was almost always Giannas, Jrue Holiday, or Khris Middleton scoring the points for the team. The ball wasn’t getting passed around enough, and their point guards were not doing their jobs of running the offense. In the playoffs last year this weakness got exploited. They played the Miami Heat in the first round, a team that barely made it into the playoffs, and things seemed to be looking good for the Bucks. Considering that they were in first place for their conference. Yet, their only weakness was being targeted and Miami won the first game in the series. Tragically, Giannas suffered an injury in the first game and wouldn’t come back till they were already down 3-1. When he did come back not even Giannas could save the Bucks and they lost 4-1 to the eight seed Miami. IN THE FIRST ROUND, the Bucks were the favorites to win it all and they lost to a team that has no business even coming close to beating them. Well this is exactly where Damian Lillard would be very helpful. Not only is he great at passing the ball around, but he is one the greatest scores and playoff performers of all time.

Giannis Antetokoumpo said,  “I’m excited to have Dame. He gives us a chance to win a championship. I’m excited to play with the caliber of player that he is. He can score the ball in his sleep and shoot the lights out.” Mateo, a seventh grader here at Rio said that, “With Damian on the team their offense will be dominant. The pick and roll between Giannis and Damian will be very electric to watch. Although Giannis might average less points than he did last season because the ball will be with Damian more, he should have more assists with him having to pass to Damian.” 

This, along with a  stacked rookie class, and many other blockbuster trades this off-season will make the NBA a must see TV. I can’t speak for the casual NBA fans, but this season will for sure be legendary. How will the most hyped rookie prospect ever do against grown men? Or how will Giannis and Dame play alongside each other, who knows? But I sure can’t wait to find out.

$75
$500

$75
$500