Courtesy of Valencia Lanes
Valencia Lanes
May 7, 2024
Courtesy of Yelp!
Open House 2024
May 7, 2024
Courtesy of CNN
Mother's Day
May 7, 2024

The Clubs of Rio Norte

Jillian Hilby
Students at club day and presenting their clubs for people to sign up

Rio Norte recently had “Club Day” on Friday, September 1st. Club day is where students come together to create different clubs where you can participate in and to be a part of  fun activities. Here at Rio Norte, we have so many clubs that might grab your attention, and maybe even consider joining. National Junior Honor Society (NJHS), Dessert Club, and KLAWS Club are just a few of the many clubs that Rio has to offer. Is it required to join at least one club? No, you don’t have to, but it would help boost a skill and help you gain experience and knowledge in something. For example, the dessert club teaches their members about all sorts of desserts and dishes from around the world, you can also participate in baking desserts too, and the best part is being able to eat the desserts afterwards and hang out with friends!

8th grade student Alexandria Pacete says, “I’m currently the treasurer [job of handling money] of the Dessert Club! My favorite part of the Dessert Club is educating students about the culinary world with my friends and letting them try new desserts.” This year’s dessert club members have tripled in size compared to last year’s dessert club! If you want to join this club, see Mrs. Prieto in room C-3. Interested in joining a club here at Rio, but not sure which one? You can attend the meetings each club holds. For instance, the KLAWS Club holds meetings every other Wednesday during lunch. This club is passionate about animals -within shelters, meaning part of the reason why there is a K.L.A.W.S. club is to help and raise money for animals who are in need of food and a home. You can attend to see if it falls under your interest(s), if so you can ask the advisor, Mrs. Mandel about signing up. Some other clubs that could interest you or possibly grab your attention are Crochet Club (Room: B-1), Art Club (Room C-18), Arabic 101 (Room B-15) and lots more!

Image Courtesy of Jillian Hilby

Do you find yourself struggling to keep your priorities in order, or feeling that stress just keeps piling up? If so, then the “Bring Change to Mind ” Club is the right club for you! If you are interested, meetings for this club will be held every Thursday in the Wellness Center, (located in the library) at lunch. Members will get to meet the new coordinator, Mrs. Campbell, and discussions will be held, talking about our goals, and activities for the year. You can visit Rio Norte’s official Website at https://www.rionortejuniorhigh.org to learn more about every club there is to offer!

Each club here at Rio Norte opens a door to a new world in which you can explore and learn something new, whether it’s about something you’re already familiar with or never heard of or done before, it’s an opportunity to dig deeper into a new skill. Students can also gather their friends or maybe people they’ve never met before to create their own club! You can research some club ideas to ensure students would want to join. If you’re interested in creating your own club, but feeling a bit nervous or hesitant about it, don’t be! Remember, all of your favorite clubs inside and outside of Rio Norte all started at 0 members! 

$75
$500

$75
$500