Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Who is Scottie Barns Before The Fame

Courtesy of ballislife.com
Courtesy of ballislife.com

Scottie Barnes is a 6 ft 8 power forward who plays for the Toronto Raptors, he has been collecting a lot of fame in the past month due to his erratic behavior during games or outside of them. People have made theories of him being autistic, but we are not here to discuss that, Scottie Barnes was born on August 1st, 2001 to his father Scott Barnes Sr.

and his mother Kathlyn Wilkins, he was born in West Palm Beach Florida, and attended Montverde academy to pursue his Basketball dreams. He later committed to Florida State where he averaged 10.3 points and 4.1 assists per game, these achievements led him to be drafted 4th overall in the 2021 season. Where he would go on to average 15.3 points, 7.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, and would go on to win Rookie Of The Year. This a is huge achievement in the NBA, Scottie Barnes has gone on to be a great player in the NBA averaging 19.9 points per game and 6.1 assists. He is loved by many and is making a name for himself in the NBA in the online world, some opinions on him from an 8th grader Seth Hanscom.

“I believe that Scottie Barnes is a very elite talented hooper, he is a very jolly player and a very nice guy on and off the court i believe that a lot of NBA players and future stars, should strive to be like him and express their joy for the game of basketball like he does now. On the court, Scottie Barnes is a very entertaining player to watch and is very skilled and is a future face of the NBA.”

As we can see from one opinion people, in general, love him, especially from his hilarious performance at the skills challenges where he missed 5 layups in a row but made 6 threes in a row. When they had to do the half-court shooting challenge he couldn’t make a single one, so he decided to change it up a bit and threw it behind his back. If you watch the clip it is way off, but it is moments like these where we truly appreciate people like Scottie Barnes who make the game interesting again.

$75
$500

$75
$500