Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Best Side Hustles for Teenagers

Courtesy+of+
Courtesy of

When it comes to making money, teenagers are all in. From lemonade stands to monetizing a youtube channel, the different ways to make a little extra cash are ceaseless. With social media heavily influencing people and constantly telling them to “escape the matrix” or “escaping the rat race” these kids are often brainwashed into thinking they can retire their parents in 10 days. Many influencers are telling kids to do things that take years of hard work and dedication, only for the naive kids watching to waste time researching ideas that they were told could make them millions. Although things like this aren’t physically possible for young adults, there are countless side hustles that teenagers could do to make some cash.

Picking a job to do could be based on what you like or even your hobbies. If you love interacting with different people, tutoring could be the thing for you. Finding a friend, hanging up and posting online is sure to find you business quickly for parents who are busy at work and can’t help their kids academically. Another option could be lemonade stands, or even just snack stands at a high traffic area in your neighborhood that is sure to get you making money while also improving and getting to know your community. Another alternative could be babysitting as you have to be good with kids and could require hard work, but very good money. If you’re more of an introvert, starting a faceless youtube channel, selling crafts, photography, or reselling products and items is a great option. Although these might sound harder, if you market your product or idea well it is sure to give you some cash. If you’re into the dirty work, offering yard cleaning services, car washing, or everyday chores, is a fun and satisfying way to make money. For many people, the online world is a very important part of their daily lives. Using the internet they can sell products or help businesses manage websites or help them if you are experienced.

With profits made off of these jobs, there are many options for spending, saving, or investing this money. A good choice would be to regenerate that profit by putting it into your business whether it is for advertisement, supplies for product, or even lessons from a professional. While saving on the other hand could be a good decision, unless you wanted the money now without waiting.

These side hustles get teens familiar with working real jobs and give them experience on how to handle money as young adults. When it comes to babysitting, freelancing, tutoring, snack stands, or even their own business whether it is online or in real life, and etc, teenagers can learn key roles and factors, as it helps them dramatically with job opportunities for the real world. With this, it can ensure their success as a young entrepreneur and pave the way for a path of life long skills.

$75
$500

$75
$500