Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

U.S and Iran’s tense relation right now

Recently, U.S. and Iran relations have declined in 2024. The U.S. and Britain have carried out multiple military strikes in Yemen on Iran-backed groups. These groups in Yemen have been targeting cargo ships to Israel. But these attacks slowed after three U.S. service members were killed. Iran is having an election but whoever gets elected will certainly keep these strikes going. Many U.S. bases in the Middle East have been under attack lately.

Students here in Rio may want to go into the army. For those who will, these tensions could start a war in the future when they are serving. Since Rio students are four years away from being able to be drafted they might get dragged into a war. This is why the U.S. needs to keep good enough relations with all countries not to start a war. If another terrorist attack were to happen the U.S. would almost immediately go to war and one of the most likely countries to do this would be Iran. But an attack on the U.S. is a meager chance.

For any students at Rio who want to go into the military, it is quite dangerous currently because of the attacks on U.S. bases in the Middle East. Relations haven’t been high since 1988 because of issues in the Persian Gulf. In two years, most 8th graders at Rio should be able to drive but gas prices could see an increase if Iran stops oil from going to the U.S. Again, this is why the U.S. needs a good enough status with other countries not to start a war.

U.S. and Iran have plenty of their population who hate each other which makes it worse. No diplomatic relations exist between the U.S. and Iran currently and haven’t since 1980. The U.S. considers Iran a level 4 travel zone, which worsens relations because of this. Overall relations have been pretty bad lately and are continuing to get worse.

$75
$500

$75
$500