Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Winter Formal 2024

(Courtesy of Molly Shepard)

The Winter Formal took place on January 26th, 2024, from 5 to 7 pm. Tickets could be bought at the ASB window starting on January 11th-26th. Tickets became more expensive the closer the date of the dance came. From January 11th to the 19th, the tickets were $20 and from January 20th-25th, tickets were $25. This money from students purchasing tickets is used for school functions (such as field trips) and other school necessities. When entering the dance, you needed your ID. It was also recommended that everyone dressed formally. The winter formal wasn’t just an evening of entertainment, but it was an addition to our school’s traditions. 

On the day of the dance, ASB gave out colored wristbands that determined what time you would eat. Everyone ate in the gym where tables and chairs were set up. Paper plates were also given out by ASB students. All the food was from StoneFire Grill, which included pizza, chicken, tri-tip, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, bread sticks, and salad. They also had drinks such as water and Capri Suns. ASB allowed seconds to whoever wanted them. 8th grader, Jenna Smith says, “I had lots of fun at the dance and enjoyed how they had lots of options of what to do. I also love how all the ASB students and volunteers were nice when doing their job.” 

Some activities at the dance included going on the train, taking pictures at the photo booth, and dancing. On the train, 2 people could fit in each row and the train went across the entire school. The photo booth was available the entirety of the dance and you could take photos with your friends that you could send to yourself or your friends. For the dancing, the whole quad was available and a DJ was playing great songs. Some songs include Baby by Justin Bieber, California Gurls by Katy Perry, Dancing Queen by ABBA, and many more. 

The Winter Formal overall was a huge success and many people showed up. For many students, it was a very fun experience. Also, it was successful because many people had lots of fun and enjoyed the evening. That could be a reason why lots of students attended the dance. All in all, many people would say that the dance was worth the money that they spent. 

$75
$500

$75
$500