Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Cultural Day

Cultural+Day

This year Cultural Day was an event that took place on November 29th, 2023. It was hosted and organized by Achieve teacher Mrs. Kapp. It took place in the Rio Norte MPR.  The event was for Achieve English Learners to create boards based on their ethnicity/culture. Then they would present their boards to anyone that was interested.

Courtesy of Quinn Huiza

The event lasted from 12-1:30pm. There was different music, outfits, and food at each board. A lot of the food was homemade, but some was store bought. There were a total of 20 boards set up at 5 separate tables. Parents, administrators, teachers, and even other students were invited. Each student researched about their family’s culture and shared how they came to America. 

When asked what his favorite board was, Mr. Flores responded with, “That’s a hard one, I like a lot of boards. I can’t choose a favorite.” The peers who were walking around the event were enjoying the food and festivities, chatting with each other and seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Rio TV, Yearbook, and Journalism students came from their classes to record data and take photos and videos of the event. The different foods, boards, and cultures was what made the event so unique.

$75
$500

$75
$500