Courtesy of Mountainland Technical College
HOSA Trip
May 13, 2024
Courtesy of Valencia Lanes
Valencia Lanes
May 7, 2024

The Los Angeles Lakers History

The Los Angeles Lakers have been a basketball team since the year 1947. The Lakers throughout their 76 years of being an NBA team have had a lot of superstars, titles, and accomplishments throughout their franchise. The Lakers had lots of great players and have won many titles. One of those players that helped the Lakers win Championships and was one of the greatest players to touch a basketball is Kobe Bryant.

Kobe Bean Bryant was one of the greatest superstars that helped the LA Lakers win 5 championships. Another superstar that was part of those 5 championships was Shaquille O’neal. With both Kobe and Shaq on the team, they were too dominant and nobody could stop them. Until 2004, Shaquille O’neal got traded to Miami Heat for Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, and Brian Grant. 

Currently right now the Lakers have won 17 championships. They won a championship in the years 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010 and 2020. Adding a total of 17 championships. Of course the Lakers needed some superstars to achieve all these championships. They had superstars on their teams such as Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Shaquille O’neal, Magic Johnson, Kareem-Abdul-Jabar and Wilt chamberlain to help them. 

In 1980, 1982, 1985 and 1987-88 were the years Magic Johnson was playing on the Lakers and won them a championship for all those years as he took off as a dominant point guard. And a part of those 5 championships was Kareem Abdul Jabbar as he was also dominant but he was a center.

In the years 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009 and 2010 were the years Kobe Bryant took off as a shooting guard and won championships for the Lakers. A dominant center that helped win those championships for 3 of those years is Shaquille O’neal. As Kobe And Shaq played on the same team, nobody could stop them. They had good competition such as teams like Spurs with Tim Duncan and Magic with Shaq when he Joined the magic.

In 2020 Lebron James won the Lakers an NBA championship (the year Kobe died) and with the help of Anthony Davis the Lakers easily swept through the playoffs to win their 17th championship. This championship showed The Lakers respect to Kobe Bryant and that is the history of the Los Angeles Lakers.

$75
$500

$75
$500