Courtesy of Mountainland Technical College
HOSA Trip
May 13, 2024
Courtesy of Valencia Lanes
Valencia Lanes
May 7, 2024

Kaitlin Clark is Amazing

Courtesy of Wall Street Journal
Courtesy of Wall Street Journal

Without playing professional basketball, Caitlin Clark is one of the if not the greatest female basketball players of all time. She is currently the all time leading scorer in college basketball, and has spent four years playing for the University of Iowa as a point guard. Clark was born on January 22, 2002 in Des Moines, Iowa. She was raised in a sporty family with two brothers, who helped nurture her competitive spirit. 

Growing up in the Clark family, competitiveness got her into some trouble. In an interview with Espn, she said that she used to get kicked out of gym class for taking it too seriously, and that sometimes her teachers would have to have talks with her parents about trying to calm her down when they would do math challenges. She also stated that one time she threw her younger brother against the wall, which cracked his head open all because he scored on her. 

Up until highschool, Clark played various sports such as softball, soccer, and basketball. However, her talent and skill in basketball made it easily her best sport. In her Sophomore year of high school she decided to quit soccer and focus on basketball. By this point in time she was already a top player for her grade in the country in basketball, and had already received multiple college scholarships. Her very first scholarship from Missouri State, came before she was in the seventh grade! In her high school years she played for Dowling Catholic High School.  While there she was named Miss Iowa basketball which is an award given to the best female player in the state, and one of the states leading scorers all time for girls basketball. 

In her Freshman year of college at Iowa, Clark averaged 26.6 points and 7.1 assists per game. That year she earned the Big-Ten Freshman of the year award and won a gold medal with the United States girls basketball under 19 team. In her Sophomore year she saw much success with similar averages across the board as last season, but was upset in March Madness by Creighton in the round of 32. By her Junior year she was averaging nearly the same stats but this time led her team to the National Championship, however they lost to LSU. In her final year at Iowa she became a sensation. She broke the record for most D1 college basketball points ever and won a National Championship against South Carolina. 

Clark has declared for the WNBA draft and will most likely be the No.1 pick. She has a near perfect basketball resume, and is a lock as an all time great college athlete. It is safe to say thay the Future of women’s basketball is in good hands.

$75
$500

$75
$500