Courtesy of Mountainland Technical College
HOSA Trip
May 13, 2024
Courtesy of Valencia Lanes
Valencia Lanes
May 7, 2024

The 2024 East Coast Trip

The East Coast Trip was a trip for only 8th grade Rio Norte students to be able to have the chance to go see the East Coast, including New York, Washington DC , and Philadelphia. It was about $3,500 to go, and meetings were mandatory to be able to go. The school paid for almost everything, unless students wanted to buy souvenirs or food for themselves, then that did cost money. 

Washington D.C started off the East Coast trip and it was our first destination. At Washington D.C, students were able to visit monuments, like the Smithsonian Museum and the MLK jr. Memorial. Students were also able to view the Air and Space Museum, the 9/11 Pentagon Memorial, and the National Archives. After all these things and many more, we headed to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Courtesy of Molly Shepard

In Philly, the first stop was to view the Museum of the American Revolution Washington’s Film. Then, student’s headed over to the Philadelphia Phillies game and they played The Cincinnati Reds in which the Reds won 3-2 in extra innings. Then they viewed places such as the Liberty Bell, and Independence Hall.

Then the last stop was to New York City. They went to the broadway show Back to the Future. The play was about 2 hours and was a musical version of the movie: Back to the Future. Then, they went and viewed the 9/11 memorial. The next day, the students went on a boat and saw the Statue of Liberty from a distance. Lastly, the students saw the Empire State Building and were able to go on top of it, and that was the last touring spot. 

The trip lasted over a week, and this is a once in a lifetime experience as an 8th grader here at Rio Norte. Student’s took a picture altogether in Times Square and can see the picture Mr. Sheridan in room P2, and also the pictures from the past years. Sofia Due, an 8th grader said that the trip was amazing, and the people she went with made it an even better experience for her. 

$75
$500

$75
$500