Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

O.J Simpson Dies of Cancer at Age 76-What Drama Happened in His Life

O.J. Simpson is an NFL Hall of Famer who never won a Super Bowl but was amazing at the game. Many people love Simpson and still do today but in June of 1994, the love for him would change for some. Imagine having your favorite NFL player on the news in a car in a shotgun, and having his friend drive 60 miles to his home. Along with 20 cop cars chasing him.

O.J Simpson being chased by cop cars Courtesy of the La Times

O.J. Simpson played in the NFL from 1969 to 1977 with the Buffalo Bills as a running back. From 1978 to 1979 he played for the San Francisco 49ers. Simpson would retire in 1979 from the NFL as a legend. Simpson had 11,236 rushing yards in his career and 2,142 yards. Simpson had 76 touchdowns in his entire career and at the time when he played these stats were amazing. In 1985 Simpson was inducted into the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. 

In 1994 there is proof that Simpson murdered his wife and there is some proof he did it in self-defense. But no one is 100% sure what exactly happened except for Simpson. Although Nicole Brown Simpson wasn’t married at the time to Simpson. No one knows exactly whether or not Simpson was at Nicole’s house and why Ron Goldman was there with Nicole but it ended up with Nicole and Goldman dead. Simpson’s friend and former teammate AI Cowlings had Simpson in the passenger seat when he was driving. The cops and news stations all watched Simpson in a slow 45-minute chase back to his home and sat in the driveway until he got arrested.

Simpson from when this happened to today owes around $100 million to the Browns and Goldman’s. The blood that was found in the famous white Ford Bronco belonged to Goldman. However many other factors had dealt with Simpson not being found guilty. However, Simpson told Cowllings that Nicole came to the door with a knife. In addition to this, Mike, Simpson’s sports agent wrote this in a book he published. The famous quote, “If she hadn’t opened that door with a knife in her hand, she’d still be alive.” This case had the Goldman out for Simpson, in 2007 Simpson would get jail time for theft. Simpson had lost his Heisman trophy from college through numerous events and he and some friends threatened Alfred Beardsly and he got his Heisman back. But he got caught and was sentenced to nine years in jail.

Simpson finally died in 2024 on April 10th of cancer at age 76 after keeping it quiet for a while. Simpson has had a complicated life and a very interesting one. Simpson did admit to killing Nicole Brown in 1995. There are many missing pieces to this puzzle but we have a broad picture of what might have happened. Either way, Simpson was an NFL player, murderer, father, and more. 

$75
$500

$75
$500