Courtesy of Mountainland Technical College
HOSA Trip
May 13, 2024
Courtesy of Valencia Lanes
Valencia Lanes
May 7, 2024

Mother’s Day

Courtesy+of+CNN+
Courtesy of CNN

This year, on May 12 2024, is the date of Mothers Day. What is Mothers Day? Mothers day is a day of the year (usually on the second Sunday of May) where moms all over the world are appreciated and honored by their children, family, and friends. Here are some ways to celebrate mother’s day without spending a fortune, planning fun dates, and gifts. 

Of course, actions speak louder than words so show your mom how much you love her with great mothers day gifts. Think about something that your mom would like. Things that interest her. Clothes, makeup, accessories and ect. Some top mothers day gifts from past years and this year  have been Stanleys, which we all know are popular drinking bottles. Sold at Target and many other online or regular stores. Corduroy bags, glass cups, and plants are all sold on online stores such as amazon or just stores near your towns. But if you would like something more original, creating a Lego on Wildfire bouquet would be way more creative than a normal bouquet of flowers. Or maybe your mom is more interested in cooking or baking. Buying her ingredients for her favorite recipe. Or even better, cooking it! Maybe making her a basket of all her favorite food, cooking tools, some new aprons she could wear for everyday cooking!

To have a budget or low money on mothers day that doesn’t mean you can’t give her no gift or fun day. Not many gifts include money to pay. Maybe taking her to an outing is something she really likes. A hike is a fun way to spend her day without using any money, instead you save. There are many beautiful trails, if you live near SCV or LA some trails you could walk are Brush Canyon Trail, where you can see the Hollywood sign! Other incredible trails are Halsey Canyon Road, Runyon Canyon hike, and central park trails. Some of these roads include tables, having a nice picnic with your mom or catching sunsets could be worthwhile. Who doesn’t love sharing the moment? Creating a scrapbook of the best memories that she can look back on forever, laugh and share stories..This includes spending any money since only printing out pictures cost cents. You could go to your local CVS.

As Mother’s Day approaches, let’s take a moment to honor the incredible mothers in our lives. Not just for one day, but for everyday. In whatever way or gift you celebrate your mother, be grateful and share the day with her.

$75
$500

$75
$500