Courtesy of Mountainland Technical College
HOSA Trip
May 13, 2024
Courtesy of Valencia Lanes
Valencia Lanes
May 7, 2024

The Impact of 9/11

There is a day that we as an American society honor every year, and that day is 9/11. This day is very important to honor because 343 first responders died to help their country. 9/11 impacted many people from family members who died to the actual deceased who died because they couldn’t get out of the Twin Towers in time. 

This day started like any normal day until people saw something hit the north tower. That’s when the people nearby needed to evacuate in order to stay alive and when the second twin tower was hit. This was because 4 terrorists who were a part of a group called Al-Qaeda took over 4 airplanes which led to the hitting of the Twin Towers, the Pentagon, and almost thankfully not the Whitehouse. Why they hit them in the first place is because they couldn’t fight the military very well so they wanted to destroy their national monuments.

In the Hart district, most of the Hart high schools now have an honorary wall for first responders. Here is what one of the students in Rio Norte thinks about it. I asked why do you believe it’s important to know about 9/11 and she stated,” To not repeat history and to honor the people who lost their lives.” I also asked, ” Did you have someone very close to your family that died or was affected on 9/11 and Brielle Guiwa explained,” No but my 3rd-grade teacher had a brother-in-law who was a firefighter during 9/11.” 

Most people believe we only talk or speak about what happened on 9/11. Even though that is correct, that is not the full picture. Fun Fact, one way we commemorate this tragic event is by going to the 9/11 memorial that has plagues of all the first responders that died on that day.

We also commemorate it by having a 9/11 museum, the memorial, and the walls in the high schools in the Hart district.  Remember this day and how we remember the people who fought for us to be alive.

$75
$500

$75
$500