Benefits of Skincare

Courtesy of Molly Shepard

Since we’re in junior high, we start to mature and sometimes we get acne or oily skin. One benefit of skincare is it keeps your skin glowing and in good condition. An effective routine can help prevent acne and help keep your skin looking its best. 

Some people may not think skincare is important but cleansing your face daily prevents the buildup of dirt, which can cause bacteria overgrowth leading to breakouts, dryness, and possibly even eczema. The 5 basics you should do while doing skincare to get healthy skin you should cleanse, exfoliate, hydrate, and moisturize. If you start doing skincare now, your skin will be refreshed in about a month. Another way to get get a smooth face is to drink lots of water (at least 8 glasses a day if possible).

One important thing to use in skincare is sunscreen. Sunscreen is one of the single most important things you can do for your skin. When applied sunscreen protects your skin against the sun, which causes sunburn, premature skin aging, and age spots when you get older. It’s never too late to start doing skincare. “I use Glow Recipe toner, CeraVe moisturizer, and Sun Bum sunscreen,” said an anonymous 8th grader. Also said, “ It helps get rid of acne about to come and it’s fun to put on everyday”.

You should know skincare is working when you get less acne and your face starts to feel softer and less irritated throughout the day. Some great skincare brands that do this are Drunk Elephant, Mario Badescu, and Estee Lauder. Although they are definitely pricey, they help your skin a lot. Some affordable skincare that work the same are CeraVe and Cetaphil. These items help hydrate your face and skin more effectively. So start using skincare to give you a nice smooth face!

$75
$500

$75
$500