The Culture of Rio Norte

Courtesy of rionortejuniorhigh.org

Culture, a way of life for many people. Culture affects how you talk and how you plan out your daily life. Schools can have cultures too, Rio Norte has a culture. Culture means “The way of life”, “The social norm” or, “The customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group.” Examples of culture are, types of clothes we wear, traditions, how we celebrate holidays, and types of food eaten.

Rio Norte’s culture is determined by the students and teachers actions. According to AESImpact “School culture is the way things are done in the school (the personality of a school), the underlying norms and values that shape patterns of behavior, attitudes and expectations between stakeholders in the school.” One of Rio’s cultures is running to the lunch line. Even if many other schools have kids that run to the lunch line. Rio Norte is one of the schools that has students who do this.

Another one of Rio Norte’s culture is when many students go to “Circle K”, “Havana Savana”, and “El Pollo Loco”. Many students hang out with their friends, while they buy food, snacks, and drinks. Students like to hang out there because it is a really short walk to the buildings and they can get snacks and food. Next, Rio Norte students have a variety of clothes that they wear every day. Many students choose to wear shirts that have labels and words on them. 

Clubs can define some cultures too. One club called the “Chess Club”shows the new trending game of chess! Chess has grown in this school because of the web app called “chess.com” many students now like to play chess and are getting much better at it. Maybe one day someone that went to a school could become a chess champion. A Rio Norte 8th Grader Donovan Deceuster stated ”I think one of Rio Norte’s cultures is Rio TV. It’s because then whole school watches it mostly everyday during advisory”

Courtesy of AESImpact

Rio Norte has a unique culture; like how most schools do. We have Rio TV, but we also are similar to other schools in ways including how we dress and how we talk to each other. But, Rio Norte is unique from the many other schools in the world.

$75
$500

$75
$500