Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

2024 8th Grade Dance

Courtesy of Rasleen Kaur

The 8th grade dance took place on May 28th from 5-7 pm. To attend this dance, students (8th graders), had to purchase a ticket. Approximately a week ago, tickets were around $20.00, but as time went on the prices increased to $25.00. On the day of the dance, the tickets costed $30.00 per person. Students with a Groove Pack, that they purchased at the beginning of the school year, had to go to the ASB window to RSVP for the dance in order to attend.

At the beginning of the dance, students were given tickets which allowed them to get dinner. For dinner, there was a Habit truck where students could get food by using the ticket they received. Without the ticket, students were not able to get food from the Habit truck. There was also Cona Ice, a photo booth, inflatables, and air hockey for students to keep themselves entertained. Also, there was a DJ playing music. Outfits that students wear had to be appropriate to the school’s dress code. The theme for this dance was casual, but students could dress formally if they chose to.

Courtesy of Rasleen Kaur

The purpose of this dance was to celebrate the graduation of 8th graders currently attending Rio Norte Junior High School. The end of the school year is here, and these are the last few days of school the 8th graders have here. Since this is the final year for the 8th graders, this dance is only for them. 8th grader, Paloma Arciniegas mentions how she’ll miss Rio Norte and all the memories she made here. She also talks about how spending 2 years here was not enough, and that she will miss the kind staff members, along with her friends.

Overall, the 8th grade dance was a great opportunity for graduating 8th graders to celebrate their last few days here at Rio Norte. The 8th graders can agree that they had a wonderful experience during their two years here even though they can’t wait to go to high school. Their memories made at Rio Norte will last a lifetime, and the 8th grade dance did a great job of honoring their time spent at Rio.

$75
$500

$75
$500