Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

Taylor Swift’s New Album Release: TTPD

Taylor Swift’s New Album Release: TTPD
Courtesy of Spotify

On February 4th, 2024, the 66th Grammy Awards presented multi-talented, singer-songwriter global superstar, Taylor Swift, her 13th grammy for ‘Best Pop Vocal Album’ for her 10th studio album ‘Midnights’. While on the stage receiving her Grammy, she states “this is my 13th Grammy, which is my lucky number. I don’t know if I’ve ever told you that.” She later goes on to say and thank her fans and members of the Recording Academy voting her for the award. At the end of her speech, Swift announces a release of another one of her albums called ‘THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT’. Soon after her announcement, Swift posted on her instagram account a picture of the album’s artwork with the caption of “All’s fair in love and poetry… New album THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT. Out April 19 .” Later the next day she released just 16 of the new tracklist song titles.

Courtesy of CNN

Flash forward to 9 pm Western Time, Swift’s fans, also known as “Swifties,” have already acronymized the album’s title to “TTPD.” Swift posted TTPD on streaming apps such as Spotify, Apple Music, and Amazon Music. Two hours later, Swift released an extended album called “THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY” that included 15 bonus tracks. Along with the other album, Swift posted a music video for her track 1 ‘Fortnite’ featuring artist Post Malone. 

While in Paris, May 9th, and continuing her Eras Tour, Swift changed her whole setlist, adding in THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT era with the songs But Daddy I Love Him, So high School, Who’s Afraid of Little Old Me, Down Bad, Fortnight, The Smallest Man That’s Ever Lived, and I Can Do It With A Broken Heart. With that, Taylor Swift merged her “Evermore” and “Folklore” eras into one as an adjustment to the new era.

Courtesy of Jillian Hilby
$75
$500

$75
$500