Lakewood Church Shooting

On February 11th Genesse Ivvone Moreno opened fire on worshipers at Lakewood Church in Texas. Joel Osteen who is the pastor of the church prayed for the victim’s family. Thankfully two off-duty officers were at the church and confronted and shot the shooter killing her and wounding the 7-year-old child that was with her. The 7-year-old son survived but was wounded with a gunshot to the head.

At about 2 P.M. before the Spanish service was going to begin, she entered the building and shot a 50-year-old man with her AR-15, who thankfully survived with just a hip wound. Unfortunately, the 7-year-old was also shot, police believe that she shot the child, who they found to actually be her son, the child is in critical condition at a nearby hospital. Two off-duty officers from the Houston Police Department one of them being Ron Crowel who claims they hire multiple officers while they’re off duty to help them with security.

Osteen added that his congregation was devastated about the incident and he would pray for the people who were affected. He also said, “We’re going to stay strong and we’re going to continue to, move forward,” he said during the news conference with police. “There are forces of evil, but the forces that are for us — the forces of God — are stronger than that. So we’re going to keep going strong and just, you know, doing what God’s called us to do: lift people up and give hope to the world.”

The lady claimed that she had a bomb, although after first responders searched the building for hours they found nothing. They don’t know what her motive is even after searching her house.

$75
$500

$75
$500