Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

Rio Norte’s D&D Club

D%26D+Club+members+holding+their+weekly+meeting+in+room+C-1+
D&D Club members holding their weekly meeting in room C-1

Dungeons and Dragons, also better known as D&D, is a tabletop roleplaying game that has been around since 1974. The game has long branched out from the table to the internet with over 100 video games that were created based on the world of Dungeons and Dragons. D&D can be seen as a game that has helped people connect with each other as their characters, made from their own player, work together to face dragons, evil sorcerers, or (Courtesy of Awsomedice.com) even armies of elves from the campagne (storyline) that the Dungeon Master, the narrator of the story, sets up. 

In room C-1 on Tuesdays at lunch, Rio Norte’s D&D club can be found rolling the dice, laughing, and playing Dungeons and Dragons. Ian Yglesias (picture on the left), the president and one of the several Dungeon Masters states, “Our club is just about having fun, having laughs, outrageous moments in the champagne (-very funny), and you can really just do anything! (Except for a few game rules, just a few)”

Throughout the club meeting,   Dungeon masters can be found passionately explaining the story as the players eagerly raise their hands- excitedly adding in their own characters and their own comebacks to the conflict. Dragons are fought, spells are casted, warriors are faced with the battles of the champagne. All part of Rio Norte’s Dungeons and Dragons Club. 

$75
$500

$75
$500