Why Wars Can be the Worst They’ve Ever Been

Wars are always never a good thing, but some people want them for a multitude of reasons, the main reasons why wars are so bad right now are because of power, profits, and weapons. Places in the world that have dictatorship governments like China, North Korea, Russia, and places in the Middle East. Nowhere on Earth is perfect even America isn’t perfect right now. 

Governments that want to increase their power usually have an oppressive leader and they want power to do bad things. To do so that means increasing their military. These bad things include starting wars and having no person in their government that has the power to overthrow and this leads to a corrupt government. Power is how people get control and their motives are all different reasons. Countries like China, Russia, and North Korea all want more power so they can take over the world. The United States is one of the only countries on Earth that can stop countries like them by having the strongest and best weapons in the entire world, by doing so the U.S. has the #1 military power in the world. 

Some people make profits off of war, and they don’t care about who dies. All they care about is the money they make. Countries in the recent past have gone to war over profits. Profits that make a country declare war on another country are oil, money, or resources like food and water. Other natural resources are important like silver, gold, diamond, steel, coal, and weapons. Sometimes countries go to war over a grievance, assassination, and even terrorist acts. People who win wars will do three things, take the enemy’s resources, and capital, and defeat their army. But without resources, the other two will crumble on their own. 

Today weapons are thousands of times better than they were in World War II, the last major conflict in history. World War II weapons could never even be a threat to today’s weapons. There are thousands of nukes, vehicles, aircraft, and naval ships in a country’s military. There is even biochemical and technological warfare now. Not just weapons but technology, satellites, drones, and anything that uses technology. Biochemical warfare is where your enemy tries to kill you with chemicals that if you breathe in, will instantly kill you. The strongest nuke that can be built is 1,570 times stronger than the first nuke ever tested which was dropped on Hiroshima in World War II. If all weapons on Earth were unleashed at once it might mean human extinction. War is worse now than ever in human history because of nuclear weapons, any major country in the world can destroy the world. Mr. Knutsen a teacher here in Rio thoughts are, “There’s always that tension about how far that tension can go between two countries.” Today there is an effect that can happen with wars, if there is a war going on there is a higher chance of more to start and if another one starts it continues.

Overall, motives and weapons impact wars more than ever today the aftermath is also ever-lasting on both sides. Wars only cause chaos and cause bad things to happen. Many innocent people die in wars and that’s not even counting the losses of a military. Death and destruction are the only two things wars bring so it may be fun playing video games about war but it’s horrible in real life and worse than ever.

$75
$500

$75
$500