Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Rio Norte Movie Night

(courtesy of Katelynn Karsten)

Instead of a Halloween dance this year, Rio Norte will be holding a movie night instead. It happened on October 20th, 2023 at 2:35-5:00 P.M. Since it was right after school, people had to get there as soon as possible! It was held in the MPR. The tickets were $5 at the window but unfortunately, groove packs did not count for this event. 

The movie that played is The Nightmare Before Christmas. It’s a PG-rated film that first aired on October 13, 1993. Some people think it’s a Christmas movie but the director even agreed with the fact that it’s actually a Halloween movie. The movie time is 1 hour 16 minutes and is one of the most viewed Halloween movies of all time with about $91 million made from it.

More about the event is that there will be haunted hallways that you can entertain yourselves with before the movie starts. There was a big room filled with a bunch of scary-looking people and 2-3 jumpscares as you walked through the hall. Then once you were done, you entered the MPR and the movie started shortly after. “I loved the movie and the goodie bags and it was so much fun to hang out with friends and relax!” said an anonymous 8th grader. 

Unfortunately, you couldn’t bring in any outside food but they are serving Krispy Kreme for an extra $5! As soon as you walk in, you get a candy bag for the movie as well. Tickets started sale on October 3rd and sale ended October 13th. The capacity for the MPR is 250 so the first 250 people that bought tickets were able to be at the event. Overall, it was a successful event, with people having fun with friends.

$75
$500

$75
$500