Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

The Page Turner Club

Club+Officers+and+Advisor+
Rasleen Kaur
Club Officers and Advisor

Do you love reading and having fun? Well then you should join The Page Turner, AKA the Book Club. Despite its fancy name, it isn’t as formal as you may think. According to Radhika Batra, a club officer, her favorite part about their club is the fact that, “It is really fun to have trivia’s — I think that is because I am really competitive. My favorite will be the art contests once we start doing them”. Every so often they may do an art contest where you draw your favorite character from the book series, so all the artists out there will get their chance to compete against others for prizes. This amazing club is hosted in room D-6 on Tuesdays at lunch with an advisor of Ms. Pulaski. Of course, you don’t need to sacrifice your lunch for this club. Students are welcome to eat during the club. This club also hosts many fun activities based off of the highest voted book. 

Every few weeks students get to vote on their favorite book or series, giving the officers an idea for their next discussion. Each discussion is on a new book and there are different activities that follow with it. One activity that they usually do would be a quiz. Most of the time the officers make quizzes about the book, without revealing spoilers to any of the members who haven’t read it. During most of the quizzes, they give out prizes to whoever gets the highest score. They give the first 3 people with the highest score some candy but sometimes, if they’re feeling nice, they give everyone candy for participation. One of the few things about this club that really makes it unique is that whenever there is some sort of holiday or birthday, they make sure to celebrate. They offer to bring in food and they don’t require any donations to contribute.This club is not only about the food, they also do other things with books. 

Coming up soon the officers of the book club will be hosting a book drive for our school library. As of now, the date for this book drive is unknown as the officers are still planning it. The main purpose of this is to help our school library. Members of this club will have the chance to donate any old books that they might have. This book drive will not only help students get rid of any books taking up space without having to throw them away, it will also be a great help to the library. Any donated books will be very helpful as it will supply the library with a small collection of new books. This book drive isn’t just for the members of the club, any students at this school are welcome to help the library.  

This is the perfect club for book lovers or anyone interested in reading more. Maybe even joining this club could encourage students to read more often. The club officers, Paloma Arciniegas, Radhika Batra, Rose Mathew, and Scarlet Schultz, who are all 8th graders, decided that, “We created this club so that people can socialize, and make new friends and so that everyone in the club can share how they feel about the books.” This club is not only for book lovers. Even if you are someone who doesn’t enjoy reading, this club could change your mind. 

$75
$500

$75
$500