How to Get Your Grades Up Before Summer

Courtesy of ThoughtCo

Courtesy of ThoughtCo

Molly Shepard, Staff Writer

The end of the school year is around the corner, and students are trying their very best to get their grades up. Some students are struggling with final tests and big projects. Other students might not care anymore.

A good way to bring your grade up is to do extra credit assignments. This can give you more points on an assignment that you failed, or even just new assignments. One cause for grades dropping could be from failing to turn in a project on time or doing a bad job on an assignment. It can also be something more serious, such as bullying, mental health issues, or family issues.

You can email your teacher for more questions about boosting your grade. Going to class more often sounds simple, but it really does help improve you and your grades. ‘’Contact your teacher either by emailing them or speaking to them directly and see what suggestions they have about grade improvement, make a plan, and set a time when you will be working on this. Speak to a trusted adult about this plan. If you are studying for a final do not wait until the night before and don’t just wish for it work for it.’’ says Rio Norte counselor, Mrs. Racina.

Some ways people can slack with grades are when students start to procrastinate and not leave themself enough time to understand the material before test day. One of the causes of slacking off is distractions, so prevent yourself from getting sidetracked by eliminating household distractions. Set your phone to silent and ask anyone around you to try not to disturb you. Working hard will definitely help boost your grade before the final quarter.

Towards the end of the year, school is harder and more difficult. This can lead to more stressful situations causing people to give up and not put as much effort as they did in the beginning. Don’t give up, school is almost over, and soon students will finally be able to enjoy summer break.