Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

Home Growing Foods

Courtesy of HGTV
Courtesy of HGTV

Home growing foods have recently grown rapidly in the past years across the U.S.  Many have brought the growing trend to real life and more people are starting to cultivate and grow food on their property or houses. Many pursue the benefits that growing your own foods have to offer for someone’s health. With Covid-19 heavily impacting the global economy, millions had to find new things to do while being stuck at home. People became increasingly more self-reliant, at the time the food distribution system was at an all time low. As a result, many Americans began to see the value of being more independent when it comes to food production.s

People’s concerns for safety and quality of the food they consume have rised. Home-grown produce offers freshness and the ability to control gmos, and pesticide use, which can be harmful to the body, toxic effects by pesticide exposure can range from mild symptoms, like minor skin irritation or other allergic symptoms, to more severe symptoms, like strong headache, dizziness, or nausea. Furthermore, it can also have long term effects and happen months or years later. These can range from cancers, birth defects, reproductive harm, and etc.

In recent years, humans have been destroying the environment with pollution, deforestation, and the killing of native species. Home gardens reduce the carbon footprint that comes with the process of keeping big farms in use and transporting goods. Home gardening can lead to substantial savings on grocery bills over time, for example seeds and gardening supplies are, when compared to store food cost, inexpensive compared to the amount of fresh produce they can give. Growing your own foods provides not only a refreshing sense of productivity and well being, but also makes way into saving and halting greenhouse gas emissions and pollution.

As we can see gardening has grown in mass amounts. Benefits like health, growing food being environmentally friendly, and the desire for a deeper connection with nature and a new life-style, all play huge roles in why this trend has recently started. This trend not only impacts individuals and families but also contributes to big shifts towards healthier, more productive living. As more people experience the joys and rewards of growing their own food, they will soon take in the benefits it has to offer and spread awareness of this new cultivated idea.

$75
$500

$75
$500