Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

Universal Studios 8th Grade Trip

Courtesy of Universal Studio’s

Ride Reviews:

Revenge of the Mummy: This is a dark ride in the lower lot of Universal Studios. This was one of the best rides at the park, it starts off with you loading a roller coaster cart, which is themed to a jeep, this ride is a dark ride roller coaster that takes you through a fake tomb, where you get launched into the dark embarking on a journey through the dark where you reach a wall and then get pushed backwards where you go on a track again till you reach the end where you get spun around and taken to the end. Overall this ride was a 10/10, it was worth the wait. 

Jurassic World-The Ride: This is a water ride that takes place in the infamous Jurassic World, you first have to board a boat, themed to the movies. You start out with a encounter with the mosasaurus which splashes you, continuing through a tunnel you get to go meet some of the other dinos before disaster strikes, the carnivores are out of containment, you soon ascend a chain life where you meet the Indominus Rex and the T-rex and quickly plunge down back to the start. Overall this was a 8/10 ride, it was a little short but worth the wait.

Mario Kart: Bowser’s Challenge: This is an augmented reality ride that takes you through many different race tracks from the iconic games. You get to attack other racers during the ride and you end off with a race against another cart on the iconic Rainbow Road track, you get to fight and shoot shells against other racers and Bowser. Overall this is an overrated ride 4/10.

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey: This ride takes you on a wild adventure through the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. The way the seats move makes the rider feel like they are flying on a magic broomstick just like Harry Potter himself. You get to go through the whole area of Hogwarts and meet many of the different characters there. You go onto the quidditch pitch to play but then get attacked by dementors, you run away and then get saved by Harry Potter himself To sum it all up, this ride was a roller coaster of emotions and adventure so it gets a 10/10!

Flight of the Hippogriff: This is a Roller coaster in the Harry Potter area of Universal Studios. This is themed to the imaginary Hippogriff, a bird-like creature in the Harry Potter movies. You ascend the hill and drop into multiple turns while swooping around the whole area, finally ending with a turn into the station. This ride is more centered for young children and families than teens so for kids our age this ride gets a 4/10.

The Simpsons Ride: Before the ride starts, a video of Itchy and Scratchy play of what not to do on the ride such as putting your hands out of the cart. The ride is a virtual roller coaster that takes you on an adventure through Springfield on a roller coaster. Overall this was 5/10 due to the ride taking quite a long time to start.

Transformers The Ride 3D: Before entering the ride, Universal employees will give you these special 3D glasses for the ride. When you enter the ride, it is revealed that the Decepticons and their evil leader Megatron are searching for the powerful all-spark while you and Optimus Prime with his team of Autobots have to stop Megatron from reaching it. Many Transformers from the movies such as Devastator, Ratchet, Starscream, and the fan-favorite Bumblebee just to name a few. This ride is a pretty good virtual experience, 7/10.

Despicable Me Minion Mayhem: This ride is a motion simulator located in the front of the park. You get to meet Gru and his family and take an adventure through their massive house. Overall this experience was amazing for families 7/10.

Studio Tour: This ride has been one of the most iconic rides from Universal Studios. This ride has been constantly changing over the years, adapting depending on the movies being filmed. You get to go through Skull island and meet King Kong, race through the streets of LA and see many more scenes that show the different special effects that can occur during movies. Overall this was one of my personal favorites 10/10 ride. 

Food Reviews: Universal has many places to eat and drink while you are having fun riding the various attractions.

Homer’s Big Pink Donut: Homer’s Big Pink Donut is located in the Simpsons themed area Springfield. It’s a donut shop that costs $10 for a large pink donut. The $10 is worth it due to it being a big tasty treat that can further enhance your experience at Universal so it gets a 10/10.

Krusty Burger:  Krusty Burger is also located at Springfield. It costs $15 for a single Krusty Burger which comes with a big burger with fries on the side. The burger was good but the fries were a little too dry. 6/10

Butterbeer: Butterbeer is found at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It’s a buttery drink that comes in different temperatures. The frozen butterbeer has a layer of butterscotch flavoring on the top which adds a sweet and savory taste with every sip. The hot butterbeer is something that is very hard to describe but I would say it was one of the best butterbeers that I tried there. Finally the Cold Butterbeer, this tastes like a cream soda with butterscotch flavoring. Overall all the butterbeers get 8/10.

Fish and Chips: The Fish and Chips were an alright choice of food. If you like fish this will be a great option for you to buy but the fishy taste was pretty overpowering but they were very crunchy and the chips were fried well. 

Chicken Tenders: The chicken tenders were exceptionally good and crisp to the touch however, they just looked like normal chicken tenders so its a 7/10

Overall this was a great experience as an 8th grader, the rides and food was very good and we got to go on rides multiple times. I would recommend this park as a very great park. I enjoyed this trip and I hope you will get the opportunity to go there in the future.

$75
$500

$75
$500