Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

Rio Norte’s National Junior Honor Society

Courtesy of NJHS
Courtesy of NJHS

Here at Rio, many students have a GPA above 3.7, and many want to do NHS in high school which will help your college application. To make your NHS application look better you can apply for NJHS. Nation Junior Honor Society is a program that requires 10 community service hours, a ten-dollar donation, and a 3.7 or above GPA.

At Rio Norte in the MPR on May 15th, 2024, students will be congratulated on their hard work of 10 service hours. Some service hours students have done are hunger funds, horse ranches, trash pickup, helping a library, and more. These students have worked hard for their achievement to set themselves up for high school. Having above a GPA of 3.69 can be hard for some people but that doesn’t mean you can’t have below a 3.7 during the school year as long as you don’t end with below a 3.7.

NJHS ceremony will be for NJHS members only but parents and siblings can come, even students not in NJHS can. The ceremony will be from 5:30-6:30, and at 1:30-2:30 on May 15th students will have a rehearsal covering what will happen. Mrs. Bennet will be at the awards ceremony and is the Rio Norte school principal. Many students and parents will be dressing formally at the ceremony. Both 7th and 8th graders can be in NJHS. Science teacher Mrs. James is the director of NJHS. Mr. Flores one of Rio’s assistant principals, “NHS is a community service-based organization. We offer NJHS because we believe junior high students can also positively impact their community.”

Here at Rio, these students strive for Rio’s modo, SOAR. One is striving for success, which the students in NJHS have demonstrated throughout the school year. Rio ensures these students don’t go unrecognized for their hard work. Each year more and more students want to be a part of NJHS and soon maybe everyone will be.

$75
$500

$75
$500