Dodgers Spring Update

Courtesy of Mary DeCicco
An image of Shohei Ohtani, Mookie Betts, and Freddie Freedman during the National Anthem.

1 BILLION! That’s how much the Los Angeles Dodgers spent in the 2024 free agency. This year the Dodgers are stacked up with amazing players such as Shohei Ohtani, Mookie Betts, and Freddie Freeman. Starting this year the new ticket price average to go to a Dodger game is $127. The Dodgers will also be adding some new and well known fast food places in their stadium.
The Dodgers have shown their greatness this 2024 spring training season. So far in the 2024 spring training season the Dodgers had a team batting average of .307, that is .57 higher than the MLB’s average. Combined the Dodgers have a total of 23 hits out of two games they have played. The Dodgers top players, Freddie Freeman, Mookie Betts, and Shohei Ohtani, all batted over a .300 batting average last season. A batting average is when a MLB player hits are divided by their total at bats to find their average. The Dodgers have also added new players such as Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Tyler Glasnow. A lot of fans are excited and hopeful for a good season.
The Los Angeles Dodger games will probably be packed out with fans considering there new star players. This year the lowest ticket you can buy to go to a Dodger game is $14. While the highest price ticket is $7,500. The average cost to watch a Los Angeles Dodger’s game this year is $127, which is a whole $2.50 increase from last year’s ticket prices. Considering these prices, the Los Angeles Dodger’s are projected to generate around 201 million dollars this year in ticket pricing.
Also, this year the Los Angeles Dodger’s are bringing new foods to their snack shacks. Here are a few of the standout new items: katsu curry rice that can be washed down with yuzu ginger ale from Tamari Bar; fresh Dungeness crab pizza topped with warm butter, dill, thyme, Parmesan and lemon from the popular MOTO Pizza, in its second season at T-Mobile Park; a birria torta at Edgar’s Cantina packed with flavors of Puerto Rico; and two stadium-exclusive ice cream flavors from Salt & Straw, Wild-forged Berry Slab Pie ice cream and Vegan Strawberry Coconut Water sherbet. These are all new food items that will be added to the menu in Dodger stadium snack shacks.
Jeremiah Torres, a student at Rio Norte junior high school, was interviewed about his thoughts on the new Dodgers. He was asked on his opinion on the average ticket price to go to a Dodger game being $127, he said, “That is absolutely embarrassing… the average should not be that high” He was also asked, who the star players on the Dodgers are in your opinion, he stated, “I think that Shohei Ohtani, Mookie Betts, Freddie Freeman, that Yoshinobu guy, and Glasnow.” The last question he was asked was, are you excited for the new food places coming to Dodger stadium, he responded, “I don’t really care about it but other fans are probably happy to finally have good food at Dodger stadium.” That’s all Jeramiah Torres had to say on the new Dodgers.
This year the Dodgers have really gone all out for their organization. They have a brand new team, new items in the snack shacks, and new ticket prices. Many fans are loving the Dodgers new organization and others aren’t. The Dodgers are looking forward to a bright season and a new start going into the 2024 MLB season.

$75
$500

$75
$500