Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Squad’s Solar City Car: Go Green

Courtesy of Business Insider

One problem of today’s generation is air pollution, so inventors have been trying to create a clean energy car. Some companies like Tesla, Rivian, Nissan, and Chevrolet have created EV cars, and it is true that the cars produce zero emissions. It is the creation of the electricity to power the car that creates pollution. For this reason, inventors have been trying to create a solar-powered car. The Dutch company, Squad Mobility, may have found a way to make one.

Squad Mobility’s Solar City Car is the world’s first solar car for daily suburban/urban use. This car is the solution for emissions and congestion, designed for sharing platforms and private use. This car can fit all your daily needs, whether it’s running errands, visiting close friends, going to sporting events, and many more. The Solar City Car or Squad is very spacious, comfortable, and safe with a full roll cage.

The Squad comes in at around $6,785 and is designed to meet EU L6 and L7 and US LSV regulations. There are two versions of the car, a 28 mph L6 for two people and a future 43 mph L7 for up to four people. Better yet, no driver’s license is needed for the L6 in most countries. This car also automatically charges its batteries with solar energy from the solar panel built onto its roof. Depending on the place you live, this car can get about 20 miles per charge, and the average usage is about 10 miles. If more batteries are needed in a cinch, there are portable batteries offered that can be charged from a normal socket.

This car’s length is around six and a half feet and can be parked perpendicular (or having the tires against the curb) in the average parking spot. Taking this information into consideration, three Squad’s can easily fit into one parking space. This car is also allowed to park on the sidewalk or in special spaces in some cities. This car has a comfortable and high seating position. Its low dashboard allows for bags or other things to be placed on it without blocking the driver’s view. The dashboard also includes a phone holder, USB charging port, and cup holders. The doors are also removable, which allows for more airflow and saves you from having to use the AC.

$75
$500

$75
$500