Courtesy of Valencia Lanes
Valencia Lanes
May 7, 2024
Courtesy of Yelp!
Open House 2024
May 7, 2024
Courtesy of CNN
Mother's Day
May 7, 2024

Super Bowl LVII

Super Bowl LVII was on February 11, 2024. The Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco Forty-Niners had a hard fought battle with the Chiefs coming out on top 22-25. This year’s halftime show showcased Usher, Alicia Keys, Lil Jon, Ludacris and will.i.am. The Super Bowl has been around for over 50 years, and every year fans are excited to watch the commercials and the halftime show.

The Super Bowl halftime show is one of the most watched parts of the Super Bowl. Celebrity artists have participated in it throughout the years. The halftime show has been around ever since the first Super Bowl, in 1967. This year the artists performing are Usher, Alicia Keys, and Lil Jon. Surprisingly, ever since the first Super Bowl, the main halftime performers have never been paid by the NFL. Even though the main performers don’t get paid directly by the NFL, they still gain a lot of popularity by performing in front of most of America.

After a long-awaited wait, Super Bowl Sunday is finally here. On January 28th the Chiefs beat the Ravens in the AFC championship. While in the NFC championship, the Forty-Niners beat the Lions. So, now the Chiefs play the Forty-Niners on February 11. These two teams have been highly anticipated to go far in the playoffs. They will play on Feb, 11 at 3:30 pm in Las Vegas at Allegiant Stadium. Patrick Mahomes and Brock Purdy will face off as the starting quarter backs for both teams. Brock Purdy, the quarterback for the Forty-Niners, was the last pick in the 2022 NFL draft. He was known as the MR. Irrelevant in the 2022 NFL draft and has had an amazing underdog story. Last year, which was his first year, the Forty-Niners 1st string quarterback got injured in the playoffs, so he played in the NFC championship. He lost, but the team saw potential in him. So, this year the Forty-Niners put all of their faith in him and he has led them to a Super Bowl. On the other side is Patrick Mahones. Mahomes was a mediocre quarterback in high school and got drafted 10th in the 2017 NFL draft. He has been a starter for 7 years and in those 7 years he has made it to the NFC Championship 6 times and to the Super Bowl 4 times. He has a total of two Super Bowl wins and has solidified himself as an all-time great quarterback.

The Super Bowl was a great game but in the end the Chiefs came out on top. In a hard-fought battle between the Chiefs and Forty-Niners, the Chiefs came out on top. The game went into overtime and came down to the Chiefs scoring a touchdown to win, 22-25. Both quarterbacks had statistically good games, and the game was pretty even throughout the whole game. In the first half, the Forty-Niners were leading 12 by one touchdown. The game ended when Patrick Mahomes threw a touchdown pass to Mecole Hardman with 7 seconds left in overtime.Campus supervisor, Joel, was interviewed about different parts of the Super Bowl. He stated, “The Super Bowl was very entertaining because the game was close all through the game.” He also said how, “The Super Bowl halftime could have been better because he feels like the artists didn’t perform at their best, except for Alicia Keys.” His opinion on the ending of the game was, “The wrong team won because the Forty-Niners deserved the ring more.”

In conclusion, the Super Bowl was a well-fought battle between the Chiefs and Forty-Niners. The Chiefs came out on top and have now won two Super Bowls in a row. While the Forty-Niners have been struggling to get one over the past couple of years. The halftime show was loved by some and hated by others but will be remembered. Usher and Alicia Keys were the performers for the halftime show and are very well-known singers. This Super Bowl was a very entertaining, intense, and loved game that will forever be remembered.

i

$75
$500

$75
$500