Victor Wembanyama
2023-2024 NBA season
April 11, 2024
(Courtesy of Nikki Calzada)
Pearl Harbor Memorial
April 11, 2024

Are the new Chili Lime Rolled Tortilla Chips really that good when compared to Takis?

Courtesy+of+Cheapism+
Courtesy of Cheapism

The new chili lime flavored rolled tortilla chips, sold at Trader Joes, are going viral after being said to be the better, crisper, less spicy version of the popular snack, the Takis, sold at almost every grocery store and gas station in America. This new chip similar to Takis isn’t the first off-brand knockoff, as Trader Joes is known for doing this with many types of chips like the popular Cheetos. As both chips rise in popularity one advantage of the Trader Joe’s, Chili Lime Tortilla Chips are the ingredients, which are incredibly healthier, and contain natural vitamins unlike red dye 40 used in Takis known to be very unhealthy and harmful to the human body.

Takis, known for their bold flavor and that delicious spicy feeling, having this new competitor is sure to throw them off. Logan Hick’s, a student here at Rio, states, “The tangy flavor makes you want to just eat more and more but the takis doesn’t seem as addicting.” Made with high quality ingredients, this chip contains no artificial flavoring, with that iconic organic taste, the chili lime flavor tops it off giving it the addicting crunchy flavor, satisfying the palate with a hint of spice. With easy access at almost every TJ’s location, these Chili and Lime Tortilla Chips are sure to hit the spot with their bold vibrant taste.

Cortesey of Wilder Shaw

Having a few bags myself, they really stand out at the store with advertising and ads everywhere. When dealing with chips like this, marketing is key to making this chip sell. Additionally, the chip lists every ingredient giving you insight into how the chip is made and if it is really that healthy. Taking this chip home, you might realize that it can be a party, movie, or even on the go snack. Having enough for a couple people and not having the saying, “The bag is half full”, this bag has way more than you would expect. Being so convenient for everyday things, it sure deserves a spot in anyone’s pantry.

Being one of the top sellers at Trader Joes, and a trip to the store well deserved, many people save their appetite just for this special item. Whether you’re in for the original Takis, you should try the Trader Joes variation as it sure could take you by storm like these chili lime chips did for many. The  bold flavors of the chip and colors of the bag, are sure to keep you on the edge of your seat for a taste unbeatable.

$75
$500

$75
$500