Rio Norte’s Baskerville Play

Rio Nortes Baskerville Play

This year Rio Norte’s drama club is hosting the play Baskerville by Ken Ludwig. It ran from November 30th to December 1st starting at 7 P.M. If you couldnt buy the tickets before the play you would also buy them there for $12. It’s based on the Sherlock Holmes mystery, the story of Baskerville is a pure theatrical delight from start to finish. The comedy-mystery from the award-winning playwright provides nonstop action, laughs, and thrills on every level.

Watson and Holmes are the main characters in this play played by Maya Smith and Peyton Caldwell. The 8th grader Maya Smith says, “Baskerville the play is about a murder mystery about a rich heir that is threatened to get murdered. The whole goal of the play is to find out who threatened to kill Sherlock Holmes. After meeting a few people including Sir Henry played by Owen Harper, Stapleton played by Jack Fuschillo, and Lucy played by Isabella Aued, they were able to find who they were looking for. 

During the event, they sold candy and water for $2 each to eat during the play. Such as starbusts, skittles, and more. Also before the show, they gave a pamphlet with Baskerville on the front, sharing the cast member’s names and the roles they played. They also shared a small summary of the play to give the audience members an idea of the play.

Overall, the play was really good. The cast members even showed their appreciation for their drama teacher Mr. O, who directed the whole play. They showed their appreciation by giving him a sweet message along with a gift and flowers at the end of the play. They also wanted to give a big thanks to Rio Norte’s photography class run by Mitzi Mandel.  The photography class took all of the cast member’s headshots that were placed on boards in the back of the MPR. This play was great and we can’t wait till the next play!

$75
$500

$75
$500