Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

Day of Awesomeness

Courtesy of Step It Up Kids

Is earning prizes and playing in inflatables something you like? Well then the Day of Awesomeness is just for you. In order to experience this event, students had to have the golden ticket filled out, which was given on the day of the Step It Up assembly. The ticket required emails to be sent to any relatives/friends students have, requesting donations for our school. Unfortunately, filling out the ticket isn’t enough to participate. Students also had to have at least $50.00 raised by those people to attend the Day of Awesomeness. Some students feel that it’s a waste of money. For example, Ashley Soliman, an eighth grader, says, “This time, you have to pay $50.00 to enter and it wasn’t fun.” Most eighth graders have already experienced the Day of Awesomeness so it wasn’t a big deal to them, but the seventh graders haven’t, so they got the opportunity to experience something new and fun. 

This took place on November 30th during 6th period for 7th graders, and 4th period for eighth graders. During 6th period, students received a wristband which was checked in order to participate in the Day of Awesomeness. Once students were allowed entry, they first had to take off their shoes before proceeding to get their prizes. Students who donated the minimum $50.00, got a tootsie roll bank full of candy. If you’re lucky, you might get the special one which contains $100.00 in it. Any donations greater than the minimum $50.00 can get you gift cards, iPads, AirPods, tickets to local events/parks, and cash depending on the amount you donated. Afterward, they were able to do whatever they wanted, such as competing with others in inflatable obstacle courses, interactive games, challenges, or dancing to the music with the DJ. The most popular activity there was the inflatables. Some inflatables had lines with people waiting to enter because of how popular it was. The ones with the highest lines were often the competing ones where you go against other people. The Day of Awesomeness is not only just about the games and prizes, the true purpose is to help out our school.  

The Day of Awesomeness was created by a fundraiser called Step It Up, which uses prizes and activities to give students the motivation to donate to our school. These donations help our school by giving it more money to make our learning better. Any donations made were a great help. For example, $50.00 might not seem like much when donating to a school, but it helps more than you think. These donations could be used for many things such as improving our library, P.E. equipment, classroom materials, and many more. Fundraising for the school not only makes it a better place, but also makes it more enjoyable for the students. The more donations, the more chances students get to have field trips, and everyone loves field trips. 

Participating in this fundraiser gave students rewards for helping the school which gives them a purpose for donating. Students enjoyed the many games and activities, while the adults that came walked around and observed the students, not only making sure they were following the rules, but also that they were having fun. The students that decided to participate all had a wonderful experience, whether they were playing in inflatables, challenging other students, playing the games, or just dancing to the music the DJ was playing, they all enjoyed their time at the Day of Awesomeness. 

$75
$500

$75
$500