Courtesy of HGTV
Home Growing Foods
May 28, 2024

Why is Prime’s energy drink Being under Investigation by the FDA?

Prime is one of the fastest growing companies in the world, from their popular sports drinks.  Started by the YouTubers KSI and wrestler Logan Paul, their business has been at its peak with their 9 flavors since their company started in January 2022. They have been the L.A Dodger’s official hydration drink since the new release.  They have been a direct competitor to many sports drink companies such as Gatorade and Powerade.  Yet they have a new set of competitors in a whole new market of drinks, which is energy drinks.  

Prime has a new business tactic in the market that Monster Energy, Red Bull, and many lead energy drink companies that is simple and easy to do.  That is taking the 90g of caffeine that most energy drinks have, and putting in 300g of caffeine.  This is a concern for many parents since the drink is widely advertised to teens to the age of 13-18 since both YouTube videos are for this audience.  A regular cup of coffee has about 95g of caffeine.  Coffee is overall not a good choice for kids to consume since it can lead to health and growth problems.  Prime Energy has almost triple coffee, which can do much more damage than just some minor health problems.  

So why does the FDA want to investigate Prime?  The FDA which stands for the Food and Drug Administration mainly goes through foods that will be sold at stores.  They do this to make sure that the foods are allowed and healthy enough for human consumption.  The FDA can also investigate companies that violate health regulations, which is the main reason why they are investigating Prime.  They are trying to do this to ensure that Prime Energy cannot be a threat to people.  On a side note, Prime Hydration and Prime Energy are different drinks yet manufactured by the same company.  Prime Hydration is safe to drink and is FDA-approved, which is safe for kids.  Prime Energy on the other hand has been considered safe by the FDA, but is not approved and can cause health problems.  

What if the FDA finds that Prime Energy is unsafe for people to consume?  One of 2 things would most likely happen.  One, the FDA would have the ingredients and the caffeine contents greatly lowered, or two, it would mean shutting down the energy drink production completely and having a recall for all drinks in the store and other shipments of the drink.  Although the FDA has not made any claims against the energy drink, they still advise to not consume the product until further notice.  

Prime Overall was a safe company until the energy drink came out, which has brought a bad rap for the company.  Prime is still sold in the U.S. and the U.K. and is an overall okay

pick for a hydration drink.  Yet the energy drink is not recommended for people under 18. 

Courtesy of Kozmikclassics
$75
$500

$75
$500