Courtesy of Henry Ford College
Veterans Day
November 28, 2023
The Voice Season 24
The Voice Season 24
November 7, 2023

Dancing with the Stars Season 32

Dancing with the Stars is a dancing show, where celebrities dance with a pro dancer they are paired with. The winners of the show are given the Mirrorball Trophy. This new season they have renamed the trophy after a former Judge who passed away. It is now named the Len Goodman Mirrorball Trophy. Len Goodman has judged the show ever since the start of it in 2005. This is also why the new host and hostess for this year (Alfonso Riberio and Juliana Hough) did not replace him for this new season. The judges for this new season are former pro dancer Derek Hough and choreographers, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli. You can watch the show on tv platforms like Disney+ and Hulu where they go live every Tuesday at 8:00 pm. During the live show, you could vote for your favorite group which will keep them from being eliminated at the end of each episode. You can vote by sending a text to the numbers that the show gives you during the live. You could also buy tickets on websites like Ticketmaster and Stubhub to watch it in person right here in Los Angeles. 

The new cast for this season includes Ariana Matrix partnered with Pasha Pashkov, Charity Lawson partnered with Artem Chigvinstsev, Mira Sorvino partnered with Gleb Savchenko, Jaime Lynn Spears partnered with Alan Bersten, Matt Walsh partnered with Koko Iwasaki, Tyson Beckford partnered with Jenna Johnson, Xochitl Gomez partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy, Alyson Hannigan partnered with Sasha Farber, Harry Jowsey Partnered with Rylee Arnold, Jason Mraz partnered with Daniella Karagach, Adrian Peterson partnered with Britt Stewart, Mauricio unmask partnered with Emma Slater, Barry Williams partnered with Peta Murgatroyd and Lele Pons partner with Brandon Armstrong. All of these celebrities practice every day with their partners. So far Matt Walsh and his partner, Koko  Iwasaki were eliminated the first night. On the second night, Jaime Lynn Spears was eliminated with partner, Alan Berstan. The third night Tyson Beckford and his partner Jenna Johnson were eliminated.

An 8th grader here at Rio, Alexis Padmos says “ I like the show because you get to see different celebrities perform to all sorts of songs throughout the season. I think it is cool to see many celebrities come out of their comfort zones and do things they wouldn’t normally do. My favorite part of the show is the performances of the competitors.” This shows that many people like watching this show because of the dancing and the competition. Many fans also like watching the show because of the different themes that they have each night. For example, there has been Premiere Night, Latin Night, and Motown Night so far. This makes it more fun for the celebrities and their partners. Some dances that the competitors learn are the Cha Cha, Tango, Jive, Foxtrot, and Samba. Every group does a different dance every night that they think will go with the theme of the night. 

Overall, Dancing with the Stars is a great show that can give many of their cast members experiences they will never forget. It allows people to try new things that they might never have thought they would do. This show also teaches people that not everything is going to be perfect and that it is okay to make mistakes. That is the reason that many celebrities join the show. This gets even more fans excited for season 33 next year. 

$75
$500

$75
$500