Rite Aids Around Santa Clarita are Disappearing

Rite Aid Near Decoro Drive (Closed)

Many Rite Aid stores in Santa Clarita and Valencia are closing. Rite Aid is a pharmacy store and a grocery store that many people rely on to get things to survive. The problem is Rite Aid is nearing bankruptcy and may be gone in a few months. The Justice Department has filed a case against Rite Aid too, making them more unstable. Many people that rely on Rite Aid may not be able to get their medicine and probably will have to drive to a different pharmacy that is farther away.

The Rite Aid stores are not just closing in California they are closing around the United States of America. Over 500 stores around the nation are closing. Many of Santa Clarita’s community are upset about the stores closing. A Rite Aid on Decoro Drive closed. There were always at least 10 people in the store. 

An ice cream company named Thrifty was bought by Rite Aid in 1996. Many families go to Rite Aid for ice cream. Even though no ice cream isn’t the end of the world, many families would not be happy about the Rite Aid being closed. People get food at Rite Aid too. Many people need vitamins so they can live a healthy life.

The Justice Department filed a civil lawsuit against Rite Aid. They claimed that the company violated the Controlled Substances Act by repeatedly filling prescriptions. The Justice Department states that there are obvious red flags in their system. Rite Aid may get sued and get money taken away from them. Rite Aid is on thin ice from bankruptcy and if anything comes upon it, it can collapse.

The Rite Aid on Decoro Drive and McBean is about 2 miles from Rio Norte. Rio Norte Students may pass it while walking home. It is also 1 mile from Valencia High School. You can even see the Rite Aid from Valencia High. 8th graders that are going to Valencia will not be able to get a snack and hang out with friends because the Rite Aid would be gone.

$75
$500

$75
$500