Courtesy of Mountainland Technical College
HOSA Trip
May 13, 2024
Courtesy of Valencia Lanes
Valencia Lanes
May 7, 2024

What Life In Egypt is Like

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in Egypt? Maybe you did, maybe you didn’t. Most people do not think much about Egypt but for those people who have visited or live in Egypt, it exceeds their expectations. Egypt is a beautiful country right embedded in the continent of Africa. Egypt is mostly known for its pyramids and Sphinx located in the city of Cairo. However, Egypt has a lot more to offer. 

Egypt is classified as a third world country but in all its glory, Egypt is a picturesque landscape offering ancient culture and divine food while boosting its safety as a country. Like any country, Egypt has its fair share of Egyptians that could be shady, but most of the time the locals are hospitable. If you aren’t Egyptian or you don’t speak Arabic then it will be difficult to communicate with others. Even the people working at hotels in Egypt only speak Arabic.

On the streets of Egypt, the hustle and bustle of traffic takes over the streets where you will hear a lot more honking and see more pedestrians walking through the streets. The nights are when the country’s heart beats as the city streets become lively. Some people say that the country never sleeps. When you go into cities like Cairo, cities like that are what people expect of Egypt but other cities such as Hurghada line expand the coast of Egypt and it’s beautiful and serene waters such as the red sea are shiny and very blue. The sea in Egypt is as blue as the sky and warm like bath water. 

There are many, MANY things to explore in Egypt like swimming in the Mediterranean sea and while visiting the pyramids in Cairo you can also ride on camels, take a cruise on the Nile, or stroll through the light and Arabic music-filled bazaar’s at night. Whatever it is one chooses to do, Egypt will never be a boring place to explore. It has delicious food like egg sandwiches, liver, and shawarma sandwiches. Basically meat sandwiches but way better and my favorite food is the Shawarma sandwiches. Egypt also has cool, refreshing drinks like strawberry juice but in my opinion strawberry juice in Egypt is a lot better than strawberry juice here in America. Mediterranean food in other countries does not compare to authentic middle eastern food in Egypt. The culture is very negative in a way because it lacks human safety, needs and behavior. This is why life in Egypt is both bad and good in different ways.

$75
$500

$75
$500